Tyler says I don't give him a good enough chance to blog, so I'll let him cover the details of Thanksgiving, but what I can say is that we had a great time with our family (my parents, his parents, his two brothers, wife and girlfriend). I love living within 10-15 minutes of both sets of parents and brothers. I'm able to help my parents with their dozen animals when my mom's in the hospital for chemo; I stop by my parents' house for dinner when Tyler's working late and Tyler and I have Sunday dinners at his parents' house. Not to mention that our parents have been a huge help in getting our home together (fixing up the house, showing us how to do things, etc). I'm forever grateful for all of their help.
After we got home from Thanksgiving dinner we perused the Black Friday ads. There was only one thing I was interested in/had already planned ahead for and I'm proud to say that after waking up at 1 AM and then again at 3 AM this morning, Tyler and I scored a sweet Black Friday deal online. Totally worth having to get up again at 7 AM for work (my only 10 hour shift is on Friday, the rest are 5 hour shifts). I hope the gift-e enjoys their gift!
Got off work today at 6 and then headed over to my parents to feed their animals since they left for the Colorado river this morning. Got home and decorated the Christmas tree (which went up yesterday and was covered this morning by quite a few strands of lights...thanks Tyler!). The tree is beautiful! It's decorated with lime green, red and silver bulbs. It's quite the impressive yet economical first year Christmas tree if I do say so myself. If you are shopping for a Christmas tree I highly recommend Wal-Mart's beautiful, affordable, artificial trees. In fact, I recommend Wal-Mart for pretty much anything. Meandering off the perimeter path of groceries means I get lost for hours on end in that store.
Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderfully successful too. We'll chat again soon later. I'm off to wash the length of today in the shower.
The Incursion of Foreigners
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment