Well, 2010 is now a thing of the past. We are now into the much cooler and more awesome year of 2011. I say that it’s cooler and more awesome, but we are only one day into it so how can I really know? All I need to know is that this year, Jackie and I will become parents. What more really matters!?!
I did, however, want to take a moment to look back on the more superficial things of 2010 and rate and review some of my favorites, and not so favorites of the year. So, sit back, and enjoy my list of top movies, songs, TV, and books for the year.
I’ll start out with the movies… I looked at a list on Wikipedia of all of the movies that were released in the year and decided to try to figure out my own personal top 10.
10.) Daybreakers
9.) Karate Kid
8.) Shutter Island
7.) Toy Story 3
6.) Grown Ups
5.) Social Network
4.) True Grit
3.) Inception
2.) Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
1.) How To Train Your Dragon
Meanwhile, my biggest let down of the year was: Alice in Wonderland (runner up: Robin Hood)
The next category will be my favorite songs of the year:
10.) Animals – Neon Trees
9.) Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) – My Chemical Romance
8.) You Run Away – Barenaked Ladies
7.) Telephone – Glee Cast Version
6.) Jar of Hearts – Christina Perri
5.) If We Ever Meet Again - Timbaland
4.) Uprising - Muse
3.) Airplanes - BOB
2.) California Gurls – Katy Perry
1.) Kings and Queens – 30 Seconds to Mars
But according to my 2nd graders, the best song of the year was Dynomite by Taio Cruz
The Best TV of the year is gonna be done a little differently. I will have a couple of categories for this one. Not a general top 10.
Best Show That Has Been Around For A While, But We Just Discovered It: Supernatural
Best New TV Show: Raising Hope
Best Show That Sadly Only Lasted 6 Episodes: 100 Questions
Saddest Show To Get Cancelled: Better Off Ted
Biggest Disappointment For The New Season: (tie) Glee, and Desperate Housewives
And lastly, I do also enjoy reading from time to time and here are some great books that I have discovered during the year that I think many of you would like as well.
The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
The Strain series by Guillermo Del Toro
Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park
And Jackie has enjoyed
Life As We Know It series by Susan Beth Pfeffer
And Matched by Ally Condie
I’d love to hear any feedback you may have about my choices!
Hope you had a great 2010, and here’s to a better 2011!
No comments:
Post a Comment