Have had several doctor's appointments. First appointment confirmed the pregnancy and the second was my first ultrasound at 7 weeks. At the ultrasound appointment, baby looked normal and heartbeat was strong at 140 beats per minute. After the ultrasound they took some blood as normal. Called back a few days later to let me know that I had a bladder infection due to the pregnancy (pretty common) and needed to have my thyroid checked by a PCP. Put on pills for the infection (3 pills a day for 7 days) and saw my PCP who prescribed me a super small dosage of thyroid medication.
Have had all the usual symptoms of pregnancy except for the morning sickness (yes!). I did feel pretty nauseated two nights this past week, but I think it can be attributed to taking 5 pills a day. Have also had some red and brown spotting like clockwork around the 1st every month. Hardly noticeable though and I've talked to my doctor about it. She says as long as it's not much blood and I'm not having any additional symptoms (i.e. cramping, stomach pains) I shouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. Can't wait to get out of the sensitive first trimester though! Once I hit 12 weeks I'll feel a lot more confident about the pregnancy (though so far not bad!)
First Picture

First ultrasound at 7 weeks. I know the baby looked more like a tornado than anything else at the time =] Ultrasound tech said baby looked normal though! Head is on the top left side.
Big Sister Josie

Will keep the blog updated on pregnancy happenings. Next doctor's appointment is the week after next, but I wont have another ultrasound until 18 weeks. Keep us in your prayers that everything will continue going well for us. =]
Congrats! We're so excited for you guys! And I'm so jealous of how many ultrasounds you're getting. My first and only was at 20 weeks!
ReplyDeleteHey Carrie! We are super excited to be joining you in the baby department. Close marriages, close babies, I love it! I'm not sure I'll be getting any additional ultrasounds after 20 weeks. Maybe 1 more at 20 weeks to confirm the sex. I think any more is optional, but the office I go to does the 3D/4D ultrasounds so, maybe I'll have one of those closer to my due date. I think they're so cool...getting to see your baby in so much detail. I showed Tyler some pictures of the 3D/4D ultrasounds and he seemed a little weirded out by them haha, will get over it I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteCongrats thats awesome, Domonique just had her baby on Halloween night and I think Richie and Kelly are due in about 4 months or so. Let me know when you start the whole naming process because I've got great ideas like Dueteronomy j\k. Oh hey you can check out my blog as well, it covers some of my Book of Mormon and Bible studies especially with research comparisons of the Hopi Indians sacred ceremonies.
ReplyDeletehttp://inthecavityofarock.blogspot.com/
Thanks Jodi! I love all the names you picked out for your kids. Any suggestions? For a boy we're thinking Watson Noah, but suggestions are welcomed! Cool blog. Will add to our links!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That is great news! If you haven't had any morning sickness, first say a huge thank you to HF, cause if you haven't got it by now, you probably won't have it at all! Yay!
ReplyDeleteWe are so excited for you guys! I'm hoping you have your baby on june 12th... it's a good day. Glad to hear you aren't getting very sick. That was the worst part of my pregnancies. Enjoy being pregnant. I think most people look forward to the baby so much they forget to enjoy that part. I miss it. Start watching babysteals.com... its really awesome and has great deals on baby and maternity things
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy! The baby's definitely going to be born on someone's birthday/holiday. Here's my most recent list of possible dates the baby could be born on:
ReplyDeleteMay 8th: Mother's Day
May 23rd: My Mom's Birthday
May 30th: Our Wedding Anniversary
May 31st: Jan's (mom in law's) Birthday
June 1st: Aunt Yvonne's Birthday
June 8th: Actual Due Date/(sister in law's) Connie's Sister's Birthday
June 10th: Jerry's (dad in law's) Birthday
June 12th: Amy's (your!) Birthday
And I'm definitely thanking HF Liz! Occasionally I get the stomach queasiness, but so long as I have a snack or a drink it goes away pretty quickly.
ReplyDelete