I was pregnant with our first - maybe even 9 months along and then I wake up to a 16 or 17 year old boy laying in my bed making small talk with me and I'm so confused. He walks out to our dining area, sits down and Tyler and I join him to eat breakfast, but I eat in confusion. The last memory I had was being pregnant, who is this child? I have a feeling he's my own (he's very handsome by the way...no doubt), but I can't believe it since he should be a baby. Soon, I pull Tyler away and ask him what's going on and he tells me that we also have two younger sons that I don't have any recollection of and I break down when he tells me I have Alzheimer's. I can't remember anything and I remember thinking Alzheimer's is worse than cancer because I can't remember my own kids. I wake up then.
This dream only took half an hour after Tyler left for work this morning. You know the dreams you wake up startled from, extremely happy they end up being only dreams? This one was one of those. I'm heading to Wal-Mart today to get some brain puzzles to prevent this dream from ever happening in reality. I took a class in college where I learned that brain games and developing new hobbies (and keeping the mind active) are the best way to ward off Alzheimer's. It's been scientifically proven - they did a study on elderly nuns in a convent. Those that kept their minds active with brain games and hobbies were less likely to develop Alzheimer's. Their brains developed additional dendrites (ray's that develop within the brain) and while Alzheimer's plaque was able to cover some of the dendrites it wasn't able to cover them all leaving their memory. I've always enjoyed Sudoku, time to pick it back up for my future kids! By the way, I'm 10 weeks along today.

No comments:
Post a Comment