Thursday, August 5, 2010

Groceries, Work & Working Out

Almost two weeks and $ spent on groceries so far: $12...and we haven't felt deprived at all. I do have to go to the store today for a few things, but at this point we've normally spent $150 on groceries, so still doing good. I'm thinking this 1 month grocery challenge could be a tradition every summer when our AC bills are high.

Other than that, Tuesday I started working out again in the mornings and I have to say, I'm loving it. It feels good to be doing something for my body again. I do just 30 minutes of walking/running on the treadmill while watching HGTV. Hopefully, this becomes a healthy addiction.

The job search has been slower that I thought. I've applied for around 9 positions now and no word on any. I think I would have pretty good luck if I went around to medical offices in the area since that's where my experience lies, however I'm trying to avoid this (last job was medical and high stress although I'd like to think it was specific to the job). I did send in my resume to an OB/GYN, but I've been interested in this facility which is 5 minutes from our home for the last 6 months. Something will happen right?

Well, must go. Working out at 8 AM and then taking the puppy dog to get her rabies shot.

Update a few hours later... I did get a call back from an employer! Interview is set up for Monday at 1. Not sure that I really wanted to get back into this industry, but it could be good. The drive to work would be short (5 minutes max) so, I would be able to go home for lunch (lunch is 2 hours long). It's also part time which is what I wanted. We'll see. Employer said to expect a 45 interview. 45 minutes seems a little long, hopefully I don't get squeamish. =) With that said, I'm also exploring another income possibility. Very excited about this. Stay tuned for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment