Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Hiatus

The internet is a useful tool, but sometimes it can be horribly addicting and time consuming. All too often I find myself getting online to check one site and then getting carried away (almost by magic) to another and then another. Soon, I've spent two or three hours on the internet without even realizing it. And time...well you just can't get that back. I normally work from 1-6 leaving all morning to take care of things...work around the house and do other fun things, but sadly the last few mornings I've completely wasted my time on the internet (along with watching HGTV). I haven't even gotten out of my pajamas until 12. I've always been a Net Nerd, but I'm ready to stash this addiction away. Our home still needs too much work for me to be wasting my time on the internet. So, in the sake of productivity and probably greater happiness, Tyler and I are not only nixing the internet completely for one week, but we're also giving up TV (again, for one week). One week! What a sweet, devoted husband I have to join me on this little adventure. We're starting tomorrow and will let you know how it went next Wednesday. Hopefully, not sooner. I'm excited to see how creative we get with our extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment