So, our hiatus from the internet and TV is officially over! Yay! We did pretty good, although we did cheat on the 7th day...whoops! All in all it was a much needed break. We watched a few great movies and rekindled our love for books. Tyler finished The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and I finished If I Stay. Both good books! Tyler then started Next by Michael Crichton...
Christmas was wonderful. We celebrated Christmas Eve with Tyler's mom, Jan and his brother, Justin (his dad Jerry was working late). I made my first ham and we had mashed potatos, corn and rolls on the side. That night we both had a hard time sleeping in anticipation of Christmas morning and Tyler woke me up several times early, early in the morning. He says I wasn't asleep either, but I'm quite sure I was trying. We finally got up around 8:30 and opened up presents. Both Tyler and I scored on gifts. In addition to other fun things, I got Tyler Pirate Latitudes, the last book written by Michael Crichton and Tyler gave me The Lovely Bones, a book I picked up years ago and started, but never finished (movie also coming out next month). So, we're currently reading our new books and loving them. Reading is such a fun, cheap way to spend time.
We spent Christmas day at Tyler's parents house where we enjoyed another great ham dinner, chatted and played games. By 8 PM, we were spent and went home to put on our PJs and relax. We ended up watching our new DVD, Monsters Inc and went to bed after.
We had a wonderful Christmas...
The Incursion of Foreigners
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment