I've read online pregnant ladies with gestational diabetes should keep carbs around 35 g. per meal...but after work yesterday I decided I'd be safe eating a foot long coney island chili dog from Sonic - oh, they're sooo good - no sides, with water. Got home, ate and then googled the hot dog's nutritional facts. Uh, yeah, 157 grams of carbs in that sucker. Seriously!? Tyler thought it was hilarious...I felt my stomach turn over (and it wasn't the baby). I can do tacos from Taco Bell at 15 g. of carbs a piece, but the Sonic dog? Sadly, I wont be having another one until after the baby.
The fun news...I've already lost a number of pounds on the diet which the doctor said to expect. +15 lbs of weight gain now which means I wont have much to lose after birth - yay! =)
The Incursion of Foreigners
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment