Yesterday was my adorable husband's 28th birthday. He wanted to open up his presents before work so we were able to do that at 6:30 am (this took some endurance on my part since I'm so not a morning person). He got a video game, a Bone book, some running shorts and running shoes. The lucky guy! He loved everything and although I haven't seen him in the shorts yet, the shoes only accentuate his handsomeness.
After presents, Tyler went to work as usual, but got presents from the kids as well (taco bell gift cards and super fun homemade cards) and one of the moms surprised him with a cookie cake for him and the class. Tyler's parents also surprised him at work which I know he wasn't expecting since we celebrated his birthday as a family on Sunday and they were heading to California that day. They brought balloons and cupcakes for all. It's so much fun being a teacher! After work, we went to Red Robin for some good dinner and a birthday song.
Got home and he requested Scott Pilgrim vs. the World on DVD, a movie I enjoy and that he's border line obsessed with ;) I fell asleep during the movie and we had to stop it because I think he was tired too. A fun day for a weekday birthday!
Today, Tyler requested that my mom and I come up to school to see a musical the 2nd grade put on. It was called Bugz and it was so much fun (sad that I didn't have a camcorder to record it...we're still pricing around for one). The kids were all adorable in their costumes and I have some of the musical numbers still stuck in my head. When we walked in Tyler was with his class (and stayed with them throughout the production). He looked so proud. His students are his kids too and I know it's going to be hard saying good bye to them this summer. Although, Malia will be a great distraction. Love my husband. Happy Birthday again Tyler! This makes 3 birthdays we've celebrated as a couple.
The Incursion of Foreigners
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment