Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family Joins Blogging Community!

So, my sister in law messaged me this week to tell me that she and her husband have joined the blog spot community! Go check them out at http://morrisvision.blogspot.com....her posts have prompted me to start posting again. This is my first post of 2010! (this is Jackie by the way). Some things I want to talk about today...

1. The outrageous price of electricity in Arizona in the summer time. It's horrible and I'm more and more disgusted by it. It's not uncommon for us Arizonans to get $200-$300 bills in July or August. Tyler tries to conserve electricity by shutting out all possible light during the day time (shutting all the blinds and curtains), but I get annoyed. I like seeing the sunlight during the day. It just comes at a huge price. After getting this month's electricity bill ($300) I guess I'm more inclined to draw things back though. But, seriously the AC set at 80 degrees isn't too unreasonable I think.

2. Coupons. I want to start a coupon clipping group. Does anyone know how I get things started with this? I want and need to start saving money on our groceries. And we buy enough of the same stuff to have a list going and know what coupons we could use. I buy the magazine All You at the grocery store all the time and there always seem to be good coupons in there (although not always what we eat). I guess I'll have to start trying some new foods based on the coupons I find? What do you guys think?

3. The un-appreciation we have for theater workers. Tyler and I were at the front of the line to see the movie Inception last week and the workers were so sweet standing behind trash cans wishing the leaving movie's customers' a good night. And what did we see? Rarely did they get a thank you or a crack of a smile. So, I'm happy to report that after our movie Tyler and I picked up our trash to throw away and said thank you to the workers upon leaving. If you're reading this blog, please do the same. Poor guys.

4. Finn and Sid. Our fish and frog have names now. Our family is now +3 and counting.

5. The acclaim I got this week for my newly polished yellow nails. I had quite a few patients at work tell me they've never even seen yellow nail polish. Really? There is no color untouched in the rainbow that is nail polish colors.

Other than the above which has been on my mind, today has been fun except for the brutally hot weather. My good friend Monica had her baby shower today and it was a lot of fun. Two more weeks and she'll be having little Sophie. What an exciting time! Though, I'm hoping she wont forget about me...forever. =) Came home and took a long nap and soon we're heading to my first ever dinner theater. Very excited about (mostly) dinner which brings me (probably) to my next blog topic...needing to start working out again and dieting. Another day though.

Edit, edit. I apologize to my husband who just reminded me that I didn't mention the news with him in this post. He has a job teaching 2nd grade now! What a lucky guy. He starts Monday and I'm so excited for him! This is his dream job, his perfect grade and what he went to school for. It doesn't get any better than this and I have to say I'm just a little jealous. Last weekend my mom in law and I helped him decorate his classroom and what fun it was. I told him to videotape his first day and even though I don't think that will be happening, I'll be rooting for him at home and wondering how the day is going. What a fun job.

No comments:

Post a Comment