Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Much Overdue Update...

Hello Everyone! Tyler here bringing you our first update in a few months. I just want to say sorry to any of you who only get news about our family through this little blog. And if that is one of you, STOP BEING SILLY! You can be friends with us on Facebook and see all the news and pictures and updates you could possibly want. But, I also know sometimes it is fun to write a little bit more and to allow people to see more pictures, and videos and things like that.

First of all, I wanted to talk about some of the fun little things we have done as a family. Jackie, Malia and I all experienced something for the first time in our lives! (Not that big of a surprise for Malia of course). We all went out to the Grand Canyon! It was a fun day trip that we did during my Fall Break. We drove up early in the morning, enjoyed the sights and came home later that afternoon. My only regret about the trip was that when we got there I realized the video camera hadn't been charged! Talk about a bummer! But we did get some cute pictures as you can see below:






Another fun thing we did that was a first (Only for Malia this time) was have a fun Halloween. We got to dress up our little girl and hand out candy to all of the neighbors. Jackie's parents both came over to hand out candy with us since they don't get many trick-or-treaters where they live. We even made cute little certificates for some of the kids who came like (Most Original Costume, Youngest Trick-or-Treater, etc) and when we saw someone we thought couldn't be beat, we gave them the award and a full size candy bar. Very fun time!




Finally, little miss Malia is quite the little chatterbox now! She is discovering new sounds with her mouth every week. She has gotten very good at making a "ma" sound so she says ma ma ma ma continually, which of course Jackie LOVES. She also likes to scream when she is extremely happy. She is such a fun and happy little girl. We couldn't feel more lucky. She brings us a lot of laughs and joy every day. She also recently discovered how much she loves our little dog Josie. She is so enchanted by her! When Josie walks by Malia just stares and laughs. I was able to get a really cute video of Malia interacting with Josie last night and I felt it had to be shared!



Well, I hope this was a fun little blog! Maybe it will tide you over until Christmas... (Maybe we'll post some Thanksgiving pics too... we'll see...)

Oh yeah! PS, She is also eating solids now. She absolutely loves her rice cereal, but can't stand sweet potatoes. Hopefully we'll find something that she'll end up loving.


No comments:

Post a Comment