We've had a few ultrasounds to date.
I had one at 7 weeks. Baby Malia looked more like a spiraling tornado than a human baby at this point, but we heard a heartbeat thus confirming human form!
I also had an ultrasound (3D) at 18 weeks - the fun gender determination/organ and parts check up. Baby Malia looked human! But, still not super cute, want to kiss your cheeks human. Her face was skinny, but her arm and thumb were super, super cute!
Today was our last scheduled ultrasound (3D) at 28 weeks. Tyler and I had been looking forward to this appointment for weeks! We were told we'd be able to see a cute, chunky baby face in 3D. Sadly though, baby Malia decided comfortable meant deep in my pelvis, curled up into a ball, head facing my back. We didn't get any 3D ultrasound shots. Even the 2D shots we got printed are indistinguishable. Is there a baby even really in there?
The good news...from what we can see she's doing great! She's 2 lbs, 15 oz now, almost 3 lbs! I couldn't get over how heavy she is. I looked online last night at baby weight averages at 28 weeks and they were around 2.2 lbs. Although from additional reading, I've deduced that the tech's estimation can be off. We're saying almost 3 lbs though now and looking healthy! Heartbeat was 161 bpm which is normal. The tech was surprised at how low she is. She seems to like cuddling really low in my pelvis which equals lots of bathroom trips to empty a not so full bladder. We joked around with the nurse practitioner that low might mean easy delivery. She doesn't have that far to go before she's out, right!? She just laughed and indicated with her hands that she had this "------" much to go before delivery (about 6" really) and in labor and delivery, that's still a decent distance.
Anyways, since we didn't get to see a cute face today, Tyler and I decided to take matters into our own hands and scheduled a 1 hour 3D ultrasound at an office that only does ultrasounds. Not covered by insurance, no, but they assure us we'll definitely get to see our baby (we'll get her face forward!) and both sets of parents are coming along to view the event.
So, we're excited again - we have another appointment to really look forward to before delivery when we'll have our own unobstructed 3D/4D views of baby Malia.
The Incursion of Foreigners
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment